Monday, April 5

Still Fighting It

"You guys are moving in too. Don't think you get rid of me that easy." Soda said as Darry and he announced they were selling the house to move down the street. This is one of the moments I wish I was a legal adult, so my voice actually counted! I don't like when Sodapop and Darry do all the decisions in the house, makes me feel like there's no balance in power. More specifically, that I have no power. Yeah. NOT good. I don't know about Pony but I don't want to move. I love my tiny pathetic excuse for a house to bits. I mean, it's the house that saw me and my awesomeness grow. But.... I guess that if that's the right thing to do then we should do it. Sigh.

Johnny's gone missing. Not good. Definitley not good. I can't help but think that socs have something to do with this. My gosh I just hope he's ok. I guess Pony figured out my words weren't convincing me. Where are my lying skills when I fucking need them? I gave him a hug trying to make him feel better, because I was sure as hell my words weren't doing the trick. There comes a time when an actions is worth a thousand words. I stood up and called Jelly. I told her what happened and she told me she already knew. I could hear the sadness in her voice and maybe I'm wrong but could it be that there was a tear on her face? I let it go for her sake. Monday morning I woke up earlier than everyone else. It was around 5:30 and left a note saying I had gone to school early. I ditched it. I went to Jelly's place and literally dragged her out. "Dress up, we're going to go look for Johnnycakes." I said. She looked at me. She had a tired expression in her face, along with thrusted pain. "Kittay, I...." But I cut her off. "Look Jells, I know this may be hard for you but someone has to do something and yeah you are one of those someone's. So get dressed and I'll meet you downstairs." I said. I didn't realize the harship in my words but until I analyzed the echo in my head. Maybe this was hard for Jelly but if someone didn't take action and start looking for the kid, who knew if he'd ever come back on his own.

It was 6 by the time we got out of the house. "So, were to?" Jelly asked. I had no freaking clue. I just knew I had to look for Johnny. I didn't know to where. It's not that I didn't thought about it but I had a hard time figuring it out. "Um, maybe to the places he hangs out. If not, to the... the south side." I said. Jelly put her arm in front of me and stopped me. At moments I forget Jelly is older than me. She spun me around and said. "The south side? You think the socs have him." I looked down for a moment. I tried very hard to not let my hatred for the rich kids influence the whereabouts of my friend, but I failed. I knew the socs were capable of something like this. It was so like them and if they had beaten Johnny like they had last time, I just prayed he wouldn't be alive. It scares me the things that those kids can do. They almost killed my baby brother and no I haven't forgiven them for that.

We looked for him everywhere. Every inch of the north side and the middle of town. It was around 4 by the time we considered adventuring into unknown territory. Sometimes I wish I had friends in the south side. This would have been a whole lot easier.

It was starting to get dark by the time we decided to enter the south side. We had to shoplift some socs clothes because our cleary spelled 'greaser' and being a greaser in the south side is like driving your car straight to a cliff. Not good. Anyway, we started to walk around the streets of this part of town. I have been here only once before. That party where I met Talan and had ended up with 5 fucking muffins (muffin is the new bitch, like son of a muffin, get it? no? moving on) muffing at me. God those houses were huge. Anyway, we looked all over. I was getting impatient and I knew this was killing Jelly. I needed to find him. I needed to make sure he was alive for everyone's sake. And the hours went ticking by and soon enough I think it was around midnight. I was getting soooo yelled at when I got home, if I got home that night. We sat down at one of those benches in the park. I sighed and leaned down. I was so tired. Jelly placed her head on my should in exhaustment. She was so sleepy and I felt guilty for being the cause of her lack of rest. "You really think we are going to find him?" She asked. I wanted to say 'yes', but I wasn't sure. I didn't want to lie but I didn't want to consider the possibility that he might... I'm not going to think about that. "I really hope we do Jells." I said. We were falling asleep. Slowly our eyes were giving in to the heavyness of our lack of sleep. Until...

What we heard next was beyond comparable. A horrible scream. Someone yelling desperately in pain. The noise took us by surprise. In that low and calm night, the yell frigten us. We jumped up. I didn't know who was screaming. I couldn't see right. It was very dark. "C'mon!" I shouted mostly to myself. My legs were tired but they gave in to the sudden urge to run towards the voice. I didn't know what I was going to find at the other end but if someone was yelling that way, because you got no idea how it felt, they most be in real trouble. The screams continued and we could start to distinguish some voices too. It lead us to a dead end. A ally. There were all boys, even the one screaming. He seemed to be in terrible pain. My heart dropped when I found out who the boy was. And they were all surrounding him. Those filthy, stupid, fucking sons of a muffin! I felt a ball of rage spread through y entire body. My blood boiled and I don't know what look I had on my face but Jelly backed away when she saw me, that was when she saw Johnny laying on the floor. Blood was purring all over his face and body. The socs were laughing as they threw glass pieces at him. "You fucking poptart! Mess with someone your own fucking size!" I yelled. They all turned to look at us. They smiled cruelly as they dropped their beer bottles and started to walk toward us. "Jells," I started. "They are going to start fighting us, so we gotta act quick." I gulped for a moment. "Get behing me and when they are close enough sneak out and help Johnny, I'll try to distract them." Jelly look at me as if I was insane. "There's no time to play hero Kittay. You can't take the all." Maybe Jelly was right and I shouldn't try to play hero but I wouldn't let Jelly take them all by herself while I helped Johnny. Forgetting she was older than me I spoke. "Just do as I say Jells."

And so she did. "Well, well, well. Look what the wind drove in." The first socs said. "She's a cute brat Trace." The second socs said. "You guys better fuck off because I will kill you." I said and I meant it. Lay one hand on and they were dead. I didn't care if I was put into a girl's home, they don't hurt my friend and get away with it. They laughed. "And what are you going to do greaser? Scratch me with you pretty nails. But then you'll break one." It took me by surprise that they call me greaser. After all I was supposed to be a socs. But I didn't care what they said, actually, it was even better if they knew I was a greaser. Tough girl. They got closer and the boy named Trace placed his hand on my shoulder and tried to kiss me. Epic 'ewwwwww'. That's when the first punch was thrown. Soon it was five boys against a girl. Fucking shit. This was probably so stupid and it totally lacked common sense but shit, you want to use your head and analyze the situation of save your skin? I must admit, and I hate admiting, that even though I put my best fight, they had me down. And yeah, punches here and there. And I was at the border of unconciousness when someone from behind took off me the boy that was kicking me. I didn't know who it was but there were a bunch of them, and I saw the socs run away. I was shaken really rough but I was already awake. Hell just because I was at the border to unconciousness doesn't mean I was still kicking whoever was in front of me. "Two-Bit get Johnny into the car and Steve help Jelly." Suddenly I recognize the familiar voice and I was finally able to distinguish Sodapop. "Soda how? How you got here?" I said trying to get up but yeah failing to do so. I was dizzy. "Shh. Kit take it easy." He said and he helped me up. I turned and saw Johnny, beat up as ever, being carried by Two-Bit and Jelly, with blood all over her face too, helped by Steve. "JELLY!" I yelled and ran to her. She was unconcious and I suddenly felt a knot in my stomach. I turned to Sodapop. He read my mind. "She was being kicked by other socs when we got here." I suddenly felt another ball of rage invade me. They were going to get me. I started to run toward the direction that the socs had ran to, but Soda hold me down. "Kit. Kitty calm down. They are gone now. Don't do anything stupid." "No Sodapop let go! They're going to get it." But even if he had let me go, I doubt I would have made it two steps forward. I was dizzy and my freaking head seemed like it was going to burst out. I was in physical pain. Unimaginable. Soda caught me before I felt and he carried me to another car. Darry started the engine and Soda stayed in the back with me.

Tulsa ain't a big town and the south side isn't that far from the north side. When we didn't get home as I had estimated the time it would take to, I started to panick. "Where are we going?" I asked. "The hospital." My heart felt. "What? Hell no!" Darry turned to look at me. "I'm not kidding KitKat. You look like shit. You got blood all over your face and you can barely walk." "Darry, don't yell at me." I was surprised by my words. Darry was not yelling but his words echoed in my sensitive head. Even the lowest buzzing felt like a scream. Soda and Darry exchange looks and then, he pulled into the Emergency Section of the hospital. I started to panick. Needles, blood tests, effing tubes attached to my face. In his dreams I was setting one feet on the hospital. They put me on one of those wheel chairs, Soda holding me down, and the nurses started to take me to a room or something. I saw Jelly and Johnny in separate rooms. I jumped out of the wheel chair and ran towards them. I almost fell. The nurses hold me as I desperately tried to make sure Johnny was ok. They took me towards one of those rooms where they do the tests and shit. I act like a baby around hospitals but that's simply because I fucking hate them. Unable to hold me down, they had to inject me some sort of anesthesia. And I fell into a dreamless sleep.

11 comments:

Jamie said...

oh kit. i hope u get better soon. imma come visit u

Anonymous said...

I hope you get better Kitty :( And I hope Jelly and Johnny are ok.

Carson Randle said...

Comment.

Kitty Curtis said...

EPIC MEGA ULTRA FAIL CARSON!

Angelica Winston said...

I'm doing ok, dont worry about me

Unknown said...

Haha! Kitty! Poor Johnny Aint Doing So Well! He Has..... Shit How Do U Spell It? U Know The Thing Where U Dont Remember Anything..... Yea That!

Kitty Curtis said...

Thanks guys. And Blair.... you scare me at times. :D

Brookie Cade said...

kit....thanx for finding my brother....i dont know wat i would do if u didnt find him..i couldnt live....but i just hope that he is ok...you and jelly to.

Jenna said...

twobit you can help me with my plan

Carson Randle said...

We need a rumble you guys. I can get Shepard and Co. to help out. I'm not putting up with socs bullshit anymore.

Elena Ryder said...

taken care of guys i already beat the hell out of lets see at least 20 '
welcome

RUMBLE TIME!!!!!!!!!