Sunday, November 13

The Truth About A Fetus

"I think it's time to tell them the truth." Two-Bit said as we were cuddling together. "Why? It doesn't get old." I said. "Kit, it's been four months, I think they are starting to notice." "Don't be silly, they're not that bright." But Tibbs was nervous. He kept nagging me about it. "Tell them. Tell them. Tell them." He would go on and on. A week ago we were at the Curtis place. Darry had invited us for dinner, which is weird since he never invites us for anything. He doesn't love us anymore. :'( Anyway, after we ate he sat us on the couch and told us he wanted to show us something. He pulled out a tape (yes, a tape) and if you know my family, then you know that a tape never brings out good things. We sat there wondering what the fuck this was all about and in a moment, BANG a woman giving birth appears on the screen. To make matters worst it was my MOM giving birth to ME! That's wrong on so many levels. Then he rewind it a couple of times. When it was FINALLY over, we where too shocked or too sick to do anything other than just sit there and stare with our mouths hanging open. "Good luck." Darry said leaving us alone.

You would think that it would be me the one to be freaked out about it. At some point I was but then I just stopped thinking about it. There was something more important. When Two-Bit finally convinced me we gathered everyone for the news. "Hey guys, thanks for coming." I said. "We have a confession to make." Add words like confession and make and you got yourselves all eyes on you. "You won't be uncles or aunts or godparents. At least not for now." And then the tackling of questions like 'why?', 'how?', 'what?' and my personal favorite 'yay!' from Bre. "Ok so here's the truth, when we were on our honeymoon, Two-Bit and I thought it would be hilarious to prank y'all so we decided to convinced you I was pregnant. It was hilarious at first, because we got to see all your 'WTF' faces and all. It kept being funny up until it became real. I mean, the way you girls were all like 'oh! have you picked out names?' or 'yay Shiloh will have a cousin', well, it all felt nice. So we actually tried to do it. And when we couldn't we went to a doctor, who told us we can't have any kids. Well, I can't have any kids." The room went silent, which wasn't the reaction I had hoped. "Okay, I thought you were all gonna be happy. No teenage pregnancy." We waited patiently for everyone to take it all in, until Jelly asked the question I really hoped no one had the guts to ask.

"Why?" Why? Because that's the way I am. Because I've dragged this on myself. Because the slight chance I had was washed down the toilet, literally. "Just the way things are." So no freaky giving birth video. When no one said anything, Two-Bit and I just snuck away into our bedroom and locked the door. We had to have a good night sleep for our big trip to Europe ;).

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... I was kinda hoping you would have a kid, but I'm glad you finally let everyone know...

Have you thought about adoption? Maybe later on? Just a thought..

Dimitri Ryder said...

haha thats code for.."if chase knocks up Dawn, do you want the kid?" XD

Sodapop Curtis said...

he showed you the video???? That prick!

Fizzle Montgomery said...

I'm sorry Kit. And a video ewww glad my parents didn't take one. Have fun in Europe make sure you get me one of those Buckingham palace guards lol

Anonymous said...

Normally I would be pissed for you pulling that prank and getting rid of all my hopes and dreams of calling you fat, but I can't because I feel like I should give you a hug <3

Blair

Kitty Curtis said...

Why would you hug me when I get to keep calling you fattie? muahahahahahahahaha. And yeah Soda, he did. That creep.

Angelica Winston said...

-CUDDLES HER KITTAY KATTAY ENDLESSLY-