Saturday, February 12

I Hear The Call Of A Lifetime Change

Ten more minutes and hell would finally be over. Blah blah blah blah blah. It'd be funny if the ceiling dropped on her and we would all be excused from her class for the rest of the year. 9 minutes with 40 seconds, you gotta be kidding me. I rested my head on the desk and prayed to God someone would shut her up. Then my phone rang, or more like vibrated, in my pocket. That is a really pleasing vibration ;). I took it out and checked the caller's ID. It was Soda. I glanced at the clock again. Six more minutes. Oh well, Soda could wait. Don't bet on it. By the time the bell rang, I had seven missed calls. That made me wonder. First, my dear brother knew I was in school so it just had to be important. Second, even if it was not important, it sounded desperate. So I dialed back and the person who answered took me off guard. "Kitty?...I need you." I could barely understand what he was saying. There was a none-stop burst of cries. Oh god... "Soda, what happened?" But I couldn't get past anything more than just a simple "I need you" again so I ran towards my car, not really caring if I skipped class, and drove like crazy towards the house.

I looked all over for him but he wasn't anywhere to be found. Finally I heard the cries, so I opened the door to my old room and there he was. Curled up in the bed he looked like a mess. I sat down next to him and pulled him towards me, hugging him tight. "It's ok. Shhhh." I gently rocked him back and forth like mom used to do and brushed his hair with my fingers. A million things ran through my mind. Every thought more scary than the other. Finally, I just had to ask. "Soda, what happened?" He turned to look at me and his expression made me gulp but I put on the bravest face I had because I knew he was looking for comfort in me. "I uh..." He took deep breaths. I couldn't even begin to imagine how hard it must be for him. "I sleept with... with... with Sandy." Talk about strong statements. I held him even tighter as I made sense of what he had just told me. He slept with Sandy which means he cheated on Katie which means he's hurt which means it could hurt her. Yeah, my brain was that slow. I could see now why he was so upset. I gave him all the time he needed to cry and it felt like years just standing there not knowing what to do. "Kitty, what am I going to do?" He asked. I was about to say something highly innapropiate but I shut up. "You gotta tell Katie." Simple answer, not so simple to do. He looked at me in a way that clearly said he was hoping I could come up with something better. But I was right and he knew it. "Look, I'm not going to lie and say that what you did was ok or that there is an excuse to justify it. It was a mistake but you can't lie about it cause it will only make it worst. You're really sorry and that counts for something. Katie will understand, I promise. It might be hard at first but she'll understand, if you tell her now before she finds out from someone else." He cried harder and for a moment I felt like the adult. "But first, you gotta learn everything that happened." I handed him a box of tissues and just then his phone rang. Caller's ID: Sandy. Before I could reach for the phone Soda picked it up.

They agreed that she would come over. I silently thanked God Katie was still at work. A few minutes later, Sandy was out the door and I stayed in the room to give them some privacy, and if you ever been in my room you know you can hear whatever it's going on at whatever part of the house. :D Three pregnancy tests later. Yeah, they where positive. Which made me frown in confusion. Pregnancy may not be the only reason Sandy was late. I walked towards the bathroom. "Soda, can you give me a moment with Sandy, please." He nodded and closed the door behind him. She looked scared to see me. I wasn't going to yell at her or anything because that wasn't my place or anyone's place. "Sandy, I know that the pregnancy tests where positive, but with your physical apperance" I refrained from saying your skinny ass can't have any kids. "It is unlikely that the pregnancy would be successful. I mean you know that one of the consequences of an eating disorder is infertility." She nodded and told me how she didn't believe the test and wanted a doctor's appointment to make sure. Out of the goodness of my heart, a shocker I know, I offered to go with her. I didn't really want another niece or nephew on its way.

Then she left and Soda was a bit more stable. He looked defeated. Damn. I never seen him so down before. I placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's time to tell her." So he called Katie and she came rushing in a few minutes with the same assumption I had had that something was wrong. I think Soda almost had another bawling fit when she saw her. "Katie? I have to tell you something." So I gave them some privacy and went outside.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

:P I LOVE THE NEW BLOG and ur a good sis kit :)

Angela Shepard said...

OH shit... I swear to god our gang is worse than a soap opera. XD If they make it through this then it's pretty safe to say they can get through anything. Damn why is Sandy so fertile?!?!

Sodapop Curtis said...

nice to know i have a sister that will skip school when i call her crying :) thanks kitty

Sandy said...

... I just don't know what to do. I'm a hoe and everyone hates me. My life story being a hoe and getting knocked up

Angelica Winston said...

Dude I had no clue that you posted until now :P

Unknown said...

Haha Same, Angelica...